Jun 27, 2010

HOPE

I am someone who uses the word hope a lot. As a Christian striving to live each day showing the hope that lives within me. The hope that I have received from Jesus Christ. We live in a struggling world. A world filled with many trials and mountains to overcome. On almost a daily basis I hear of many being diagnosed with illness, people losing loved ones, stories of abuse, neglect, abandonment, job loss, loss of home, divorce, deceit, and more. There is a lot of heartbreak in the world we live in. Many ask “what are we to do”. There seems to be no end in sight to all of it. We as Christians know the answer to that. We know a source of hope that shines through even the greatest darkness. A hope that lies in the one who is there even when all everything else is stripped away. Jesus Christ The one who is with us, always.

because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5 (also in Joshua 1:5)

He provides hope and a promise that through it all we are not alone and that a better day will come. A promise that an eternal live without pain and suffering will come. (John 3:16) What better message to give to the world! What better message to give to a child without a family, without love, without a home, and without guidance. Wooh! I could have just shouted that last line!
The Bible even identifies the suffering that we Christians endure as something that will help increase our hope. WOW! I admit I am not always excited, cheerful, or happy when things are tuff. I get down just like everyone else. However when I fix my eyes on the one in which I find hope, things change for me. Situations appear different and I am able (with Christ, without him I am pitiful!) to move through the struggles. Praise God for the hope I have and that the whole world can have too!

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:1-5


As many of you have seen most of my comments on my blog have been from Alison at http://lovinmuch.blogspot.com/ Her family is adopting a little girl from Ethiopia as well. I have been blessed to get to read her blog and exchange e-mails with her. You should check her blog and adorable family out as well!

No comments: