Jul 18, 2011

Overdue!


It is official, I am overdue.
We have been on the waitlist for 9 months as of today. In a normal pregnancy, I would be begging my doctor at this point to schedule an induction. I would be preparing the kids for the next few days. Today in the adoption world I sit and wait. I call out to the One who knows our child by name. I ask Him to give protection and care to our little one. I ask Him to provide for the birth family reassurance in their journey. To protect and guide their path. I pray for their knowledge and understanding of Him and his everlasting LOVE.

9 months ago today, I had just finished off a weekend of prayer. Praying that we might have numbers after making a correction in our paperwork. Praying that the paperwork would all be accepted. We were so thrilled and relieved to have a number. Now each month the numbers come and sometimes they are greatly anticipated and other months I can honestly say I have been a bit disappointed.

But God is still good and He is still leading this journey!

Over the last nine months God has shown us great things. He has opened our eyes even more to His heart. He has led us to reevaluate the way we live our life. When we started this journey last May, we simply felt the Lord calling and we LEAPED. We signed on to adopt and had no clue where we were headed. All we knew was that God was asking us to say yes.


So we are not really overdue. We are just waiting for the appointed time when we will come to know our child.

The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11

~ANDREA

3 comments:

Alison said...

Love this! So excited to see the timing that God works out for our daughters to come home! What a journey!!! :)

Janet said...

In my house we sometimes joke that adoption has an elephant's gestational timeframe... MUCH longer than ours! : )

Toni said...

I am tracking with ya...so grateful that the Lord has His perfect time and that it will NOT be late by a single day.