Sep 13, 2010

My Simple Unsuspecting Prayer

If you remember in our story of how we had came to adoption. I had been the one that for many years had the desire to adopt and how it had taken Josh a while (ok 9yrs!) for God to move him to the same desire. Well tonight I was looking through one of my notebooks and I found a prayer that I had wrote only about 12 days prior to him coming to me and stating he was being led to this. It is AWESOME how God works!! The first part of the prayer was for the ministry that I work in full-time and this was the next:
I also ask that you will move Josh and I's hearts to the same place. That you will place the same desires on us both. Keep him Father at the spiritual front of our home, help him to lead us in your ministry and plans for us. Lord thank you for life and the opportunity to be in your ministry. I love you and thank you!
While I pray often about these things I haven't found that I have wrote it in such a direct manner anytime recent. How wonderful that God was raising up in me a desire that had been there for many years and that He again brought me to pray for the unity of our desires. I love how he works!! ...FYI: I know my prayer is not grammatically correct but it is what I wrote! = )
Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Ephesians 5:22-24
I am thankful also for a husband who is a great leader in our household. Who even when things are hard stays the course and continues to lead us down the path of the Lord.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow - that is an incredible story! God works in such amazing ways... thank you for sharing that with us! :)

Alison said...

Love this! I remember praying that God would call Jody to adoption too! Love when He unites our hearts and our passions with His will! Beautiful prayer!