Oct 13, 2011

A Reminder

This was written in June but never posted.

Last night I got into bed tossing and turning. I found myself very restless with thoughts of our adoption and another situation heavy on my mind. In both I have felt tired and a bit unsettled waiting on the Lord. Not giving up hope but pleading with the Lord for reassurance. The Lord called me from my bed and to open my Bible.
Habakkuk 2:1 I felt pressed upon my mind. Habakkuk.... I groaned, really? What is going to be there. I had read through there long ago, through planned reading. It wasn't anything life changing, so I thought, really. ???   I opened it and read I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint. I read on a little more. You see Habakkuk has been crying out to the Lord asking when He will come and rescue them. There has been great violence among their people and they are under the attack. He tells the Lord he will sit in the watchtower and wait upon the Lord to receive the word of the Lord. In verse 2&3, the Lord tells him to write down the vision he has been given. And though it is not for this appointed time, it will come and be the truth. Then the LORD replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.

So I will wait. I will continue to journal and to pray. I know the vision the Lord has laid upon our heart is still His vision and will come at his appointed time. I already knew His time was perfect, but having the Lord call me to His word and point me to this is a great ENCOURAGEMENT!


The Lord never ceases to amaze me. In my time of wavering: He is still sufficient, He still cares, and His plan is the truth. So thankful that He chooses to call me His child and to lead me. I hope this speaks to you all like it did me.

Tonight in our adoption fb group another waiting momma posted the verse and it reminded me of this moment so I reread myself and wanted to share. God is soooo good!

No comments: