May 31, 2011

Remembering

I thank my God every time I remember you. Philippians 1:3

We are truly a blessed nation.
We are grateful and thankful to God for each man, woman, and family who has sacrificed so that we may have freedom.

Today on this Memorial Day as our family hung outside and took a few things off our to do list, I thought of not only the men and the women, who had gave of themselves so that we might be free, but also of their families.
As I vacuumed and washed our minivan, Josh and Grace mowed and cleaned the yard. I thought to myself what it would be like to take care of our home and three children with my husband gone overseas. How much harder would the daily chores be. How much would I long for my husband and they for their father, to sit at the dinner table with us. How they would miss the nightly kisses and their daddy carrying them to bed. And then what if then unimaginable happened and while defending our freedom he never returned to embrace his girls.

The sacrifice is great and the days are hard I am sure.
To be away and to be without.
Remembering each one, who has given a moment, a day, a year, or a lifetime.

~ANDREA
*This was meant for posting yesterday, blogger wouldn't allow. Glad it posted today!

No comments: