Nov 21, 2010

Anything Else? Thanks & Praise

Oh what a week! I started out the week being sick. I had fever, body aches, headache, and swollen throat. I was off two days of work and spent most of the time laying around like a slug. Complete with slimy clothes and hair...uugh! I had no motivation or energy to do anything. Wednesday I went back to work with no fever but still some symptoms, by Thursday I felt much better.
Early in the week my cell phone started going out. Continuous dropped calls, text messages coming in hours late, and the phone shutting down even with a full charge. I use my cell phone not only as my basic phone but also for work. Midweek my van started making loud, shrieking sounds anytime it was running. On Friday, the dryer quit. Oh my, what a week!!
I was excited that we had plans on Friday night to work a booth with our Senior High group from church. The annual county Christmas festival was this weekend. We sold white chocolate covered popcorn and dipped pretzels. The group had decided that all of the proceeds would go to by a gift through Samaritan's Purse. A goat is what one of our girls had set her eyes on to buy for a family in a third world country.
Saturday Josh, Gbug, D, and I watched the Christmas parade and enjoyed the decorations at Memorial park. We even stopped by the appliance store to order the new washer and dryer, which wasn't in our budget plans.


All in all the week turned out to be fine. As hard as it is at times to not let life's circumstances get to you, it is vital that we remember the blessings that abound. We have been given life. Not only the one we live here and now but the promise of an eternal one. So each day my prayer is that our family will choose to remember where true joy comes from and that above all worldly things it will prevail.
I am: Thankful that God chose to accept me as his child. Thankful for a heavenly father that loves me in spite of me. Thankful for the gift of his word and the Holy Spirit to guide me. Thankful that I was given another week with my family. Thankful we are free of illness. Thankful I am able to work and be in the ministry. Thankful for the freedom to worship. Thankful for the friends God has placed in my life. Thankful for more then I could ever put down on this page.



Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I hope you all have a wonderful week of family, friends, and Thanksgiving. ~Andrea

3 comments:

Janet said...

Amen! We have SOOOOO much to be thankful for... including washers and dryers that work! : )

Lara said...

Oh, girl, your week sounds like mine last week. And for some reason those frustrating unexpected expenses are just heartbreaking when you're adopting!!

Alison said...

Glad that you are feeling better!! Sounds like ya'll had quite a week!! Did you get my t-shirt order? Hope so!! :)