May 24, 2012

Two Years

Two years ago this week we officially began our adoption journey. I remember making those first phone calls and exchanging initial emails with our agency. I never dreamt that two years later we would still be a family of five. It has been a very long road and we are not through. We have yet to even see our next child or children's face.  I am not sure if I were told back then that it would take this long I would have been on board. I think I would have looked at other options. Today though I am glad we said yes.

You see the Lord we serve is good and faithful. His love endures. His loves continues even while we wait. His love refines, reshapes, and changes us each day.  In the last two years He has asked us to step out on a limb over and over. He has searched our hearts and saw more work to be done. Sin that I thought was not there, was there, hidden. For myself it has been selfishness, pride, and unwillingness to release control. The way I see it now is if you deal with any of these things the best way for it to be dealt with is for God to 1.) open your eyes to the plight of the orphan,  2.) ask you to fund raise the money to adopt, and then 3.) make you wait at least 100 2 years! LOL!

Seriously....
The wait can be difficult. We continue to pray for those that He will bring into our family. I long to see the face of my child(ren), to hear their name spoken, to know their story, and to experience that first embrace. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about them. Our days are filled with laughter and many memories and I am thankful for that, but my heart aches for those that are without a family to call their own.


Three bright smiles that continue to bring the sunshine throughout the long wait.


God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that. 
1 Corinthians 1:9  -The Message


No comments: